Friday, January 30, 2009

dinner, january 30th

Macaroni and cheese.

I've been craving my mom's macaroni and cheese, so I decided to give the recipe a try. Unfortunately the store didn't have any "large" shells, so I had to go with a smaller shell than normal. I think it messed with the integrity of the dish. Meaghan also prepared a spinach salad with a very lemony dressing. Much to my surprise, the twins had never had homemade mac n cheese before, they seemed to love it. I'm still convinced I could do better. In a slightly inebriated state, we decided on monthly macaroni and cheese dinners, so hopefully I'll perfect the dish soon.

1 comment:

Gina said...

The store didn't have any shells at all, so we had to use elbow noodles. Which would have been fine, except they seemed to absorb all the cheese so it wasn't a very cheesy mac and cheese.